Ruby Violet Brenneman, age 81, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019, at her home. She was born on June 29, 1938, in La Cygne the daughter of John D. and Violet May Anderson Holman. She graduated from La Cygne Rural High School in the Class of 1956.
She married Donald Gene Brenneman on July 10, 1957. He preceded her in death June 13, 2014. She was also preceded in death by a daughter, Karen Brenneman Coyan.
She worked at various jobs including Blair House, King Radio and as a courier. She also sold Blair products.
Ruby was a member of the Calvary Baptist Church. She enjoyed gardening and canning, and going to Sonic to eat.
Ruby is survived by a son, David Brenneman and wife Marie; a brother, John Holman and wife Cheryl; two grandsons, Nicholas and Daniel Brenneman; and a great granddaughter, Sophia.
Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019, at the Calvary Baptist Church in La Cygne. Burial will be in the Oak Lawn Cemetery. Visitation was scheduled from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to Care to Share. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Jan. 1, 2020 Mary Jo Ernst, age 76, of Pleasanton, Kan. passed away at her home Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2019. Jo was born in Kansas City, Kan. on Oct. 12, 1943, the daughter of Bert and Tippy Hurst. She had one loving... [More]
Dwayne Charles Beckford was born July 20, 1949, in Riverside, Calif., to Andrew Beckford and Lucille Hillman Beckford. His father's military career took the family to many locations before finally settling in Mapleton, Kan. He graduated from Blue Mound High School in 1967... [More]
James Walter Meech, age 62, passed away Monday, Sept. 2, 2019, with his wife, kids and close friends near, on his farm home near Fort Scott, Kan., after a battle with Gliosarcoma brain cancer. Jim was born April 18, 1957, in Fort Scott, the son of Dennis Walter and Estella... [More]
- Sharon Daggett Smith 01-28-1949 to 01-20-2020
- Julia Ann Dale 12-25-1932 to 01-20-2020
- Alva G. Glaze 04-20-1931 to 01-20-2020
- Rickie Gene Catron 01-12-1952 to 01-14-2020
- William Wesley Bright 06-20-1921 to 01-17-2020
- Ronald Lee Seymour 10-27-1942 to 01-15-2020
- David Allen Trinkle 12-23-1950 to 01-16-2020
- Linda Lou Brown Minkler 10-03-1947 to 01-11-2020
Board approves in time for this spring’s trap season Prairie View High will be represented in a state trap shooting league this spring. On a 6-0 vote, with Nicolas Philpott absent, the Unified School District 362 board of education approved... [More]
At the Tuesday County Commissioners’ meeting, giving a weekly prisoner count of 35 prisoners with 19 housed in county, County Sheriff Kevin Friend reported 197 calls for service, less than last week, “probably due to the cold weather without... [More]
Following the receipt of six rescue pumper truck bids for the Linn County Rural Fire Department, the rural fire board reviewed the bids and chose the Hays Fire and Rescue Sales and Service bid for approval by the County Commissioners. At the commissioners’... [More]
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
- Wanda Sheppard 06-10-1926 to 01-08-2019
- Jack Edward Scott 01-22-1925 to 06-10-2019
- Lloyd Eugene “Gene” Dixon 10-31-1938 to 06-11-2019
- John R. Markley, DVM 04-23-1934 to 05-22-2019
- Bobby J. Wurtz 02-01-1936 to 05-14-2019
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
The Prairie View basketball teams traveled to Anderson County on Jan. 14 for a Pioneer League contest against the Bulldogs. The girls played first, and it was not a good game for the Lady Buffalos. The Lady Buffs fell down big... [More]
The Jayhawk boys’ basketball team hosted league foe Chetopa on Jan. 14. Jayhawk was in control all game, but Chetopa did get close in both the first and third quarters. However, thanks to a big 11-3 run in the fourth, the Hawks were... [More]
- Prairie View football defeats Caney Valley, advances to play Columbus in regional round
- Prairie View cross country hosts Ramsey Invitational
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track