Ruby Violet Brenneman, age 81, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019, at her home. She was born on June 29, 1938, in La Cygne the daughter of John D. and Violet May Anderson Holman. She graduated from La Cygne Rural High School in the Class of 1956.
She married Donald Gene Brenneman on July 10, 1957. He preceded her in death June 13, 2014. She was also preceded in death by a daughter, Karen Brenneman Coyan.
She worked at various jobs including Blair House, King Radio and as a courier. She also sold Blair products.
Ruby was a member of the Calvary Baptist Church. She enjoyed gardening and canning, and going to Sonic to eat.
Ruby is survived by a son, David Brenneman and wife Marie; a brother, John Holman and wife Cheryl; two grandsons, Nicholas and Daniel Brenneman; and a great granddaughter, Sophia.
Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019, at the Calvary Baptist Church in La Cygne. Burial will be in the Oak Lawn Cemetery. Visitation was scheduled from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to Care to Share. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published April , 2020 Howard "Carl" Francis, age 87, Blue Mound, Kan. passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. He was born on May 7, 1932 in Blue Mound, Kan. the son of Lonnie and Vesta Hopewell Francis. He graduated from... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 Margaret Alice Wilson, age 87, Paola, Kan. passed away on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. She was born on February 15, 1933 in Cass County, Mo. the daughter of Henry Earl(Ramey) Russell and Olive Darlene... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 26, 2020 Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo... [More]
- Dawn Marie Steinkohl 05-08-1967 to 06-20-2020
- Chase Edward Augur 05-23-2002 to 07-04-2020
- Jimmie Allan Wier 09-24-1936 to 04-11-2020
- Roy Allen Miller 09-28-1941 to 06-13-2020
- H.E. “Gene” Brownback 11-22-1928 to 06-30-2020
- Helen May Benthusen 01-27-1919 to 06-30-2020
- Velma Eileen Crisler 06-21-1936 to 06-24-2020
- LeRoy Turpen, Sr. 01-17-1945 to 06-23-2020
Let’s continue our series on this week in baseball history. We will look at one historic event per day for the upcoming week in baseball. A full list for historic events in baseball for each day can be found at Nationalpastime.com. First African American MLB players... [More]
Following a presentation earlier in the year by Joey McLiney of McLiney and Co. concerning an attempt to lower the city’s interest rate on their bond debt, Kip Hart, representing the company, told the City Council of Mound City Monday night they’d have to raise sewer... [More]
Drought conditions across the state of Kansas prompted the governor to declare drought emergencies, and in preparation for lack of rain, Public Wholesale Water Supply District No. 13 (PWWSD No. 13) representative Kevin Hancock met with the Mound City Council Monday night and... [More]
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Boicourt Bridge boat ramp closed – but state looks to replace it
- Property taxes still due in May
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
The Miami Express 16A softball team, which comprises multiple girls from Linn County and the surrounding areas, traveled to the Field of Dreams Complex in Basehor Linwood to compete in the MO/KAN USSSA Mega State Championship softball tournament. There were a total of 28 teams... [More]
The Miami Express softball teams took part in the Kansas USSSA State Softball Tournament this past weekend. Both the 14U B-team and the 16U team feature girls from Prairie View and Jayhawk-Linn, and both teams did exceptional at the tournament. The 14U team went 5-2 and placed... [More]
- This week in baseball history: June 24-30
- Several local boys’ baseball players compete on USSSA Rage teams out of Garnett
- The Chiefs’ off-season: the draft
- The Lost Season: Pleasanton track
- The Lost Season: Prairie View baseball
- 2019-2020 All County girls’ basketball team
- Wellsville loss finishes Lady Buffs’ season
- Jayhawk boys fall just short to Yates Center in sub-state tournament