William Joseph Prike, 82, of Mesa, Ariz., passed away March 20, 2015. He was born March 8, 1933, in Kansas City, Mo., to George and Muriel Wolfe Prike.
After graduating from La Cygne High School, Bill was able to attend Kansas State University for one year. He was a farmer in Linn County, Kan., before working for Fairbanks Morse.
On Aug. 7, 1954, he was married to Ann Peck in Kansas City, Kan. Bill and Ann moved to Denver, Colo., in 1959 where Bill worked for Nelson Pipeline. Later he worked for Boulder Valley School District in Boulder, Colo. He owned an RV / boat storage in Glendo, Wyo., for 15 years before retiring part-time in Mesa, Ariz.
Bill was a proud member of the La Cygne Masonic Lodge #61.
He leaves behind his loving wife, Ann; sister, Jane Wade; children, Mark (Kathy) Prike, Keith (Sandy) Prike and DeAnn (Chris) Queen; seven grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Linn County News Published May 11, 2022 Rosamay Dixon, age 79, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away Monday May 9, 2022. She was born in Kansas City, Kan., on Dec. 9, 1942, the daughter of Robert Lee Miller and Myra Edith Sawyers. She worked in customer service in the retail sector... [More]
Linn County News Published May 11, 2022 Dale L. Castleberry 89 of Garnett, Kan., died April 30, 2022, at St. Luke’s Hospital. Services were May 5-6 at Eddy-Birchard Funeral home in Osawatomie. Burial at Osawatomie Cemetery.
Linn County News Published May 4, 2022 Ian Craig Ginther, age 36, Blue Mound, Kan., passed away Tuesday, April 26, 2022. He was born March 1, 1986, in Kansas City, Mo., the son of Fred Ginther and Kimberly McGee. He was preceded in death by his paternal grandmother,... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
Monday, May 16, the Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) will close Somerset Road south of K-68. The closure is expected to take place around 9 a.m. Monday and remain in effect until June 1, weather permitting. A detour will be signed along K-68, Woodland... [More]
Ask that sheriff and superintendents meet and form a plan The Commissioner’s meeting room was packed with approximately 40 people comprised of city mayors, council people from countywide and citizens concerned with one of four subjects discussed last week –... [More]
Pleasanton Fire Chief Rob Dent spoke to the council and said they have no available firefighters to shoot off fireworks July 2. His explanation, the same people have been doing it for 22 years and they’re tired and want to spend the holiday with family around the barbecue.... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Prairie View softball team played Osawatomie and Girard this past week. They hosted Osawatomie in a league doubleheader on May 3 and traveled to Girard for a single game on May 6. The Lady Buffs swept Osawatomie, 16-2 and 10-0, and won the single game against Girard, 9-7.... [More]
The Jayhawk track team traveled to Northeast Arma on May 6 to compete in the Northeast Arma Invitational. The meet was originally scheduled for May 5 but was moved to May 6 due to weather. The Hawks did well at the meet as the girls placed second with 85 team points. The boys... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com