Brenda J. Boehm, 60, of Mapleton, Kan., passed away Oct. 11, 2015.
Brenda was born Feb. 22, 1955 in Olathe, Kan. to Edward M. and Marilyn T. (Koch) Boehm. She grew up in Olathe where she graduated from Olathe High School. Brenda graduated from KU with a Bachelor’s in Music Ed and a Master’s in Business Admin. She taught at the Harper/Anthony Elementary School and worked for KCP&L for 25 years at the Hawthorne Power Plant and as Construction Services Administrator at the La Cygne Power Plant, retiring in 2010.
Brenda was a Cantor for the Mary Queen of Angels Catholic Church, Ft. Scott, Kan. As an 18-year volunteer for CASA of Johnson and Wyandotte County, Brenda was a “committed voice for abused and neglected children.” In April 2014, she was recognized as the CASA Volunteer of the Year by JO/WY CASA. She also volunteered with the CASA of Bourbon County for 11 years, advocating for 24 kids as a caring and devoted volunteer. Brenda was a re-enactment volunteer for the Ft. Scott Civil War ERA and a volunteer for Johnson County Old Settlers. She was a member of Mary Queen of Angels Catholic Church in Ft. Scott. Her hobbies included dancing, singing, traveling and enjoying life on the farm. She will be dearly missed by family and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents. Brenda is survived by brothers, Clement Boehm, Olathe, and Michael Boehm, Lenexa, Kan; sister, Barbara Boehm, Lenexa; uncle, Raymond Boehm, Ottawa, Kan.; aunts, Marjorie Hanser, Paola, Kan., Catherine Boehm, Seneca, Kan., Teresa Brownsburger, Harrisonville, Mo., Clara Koch, Montrose, Mo.; many cousins and her beloved dog “Luke.”
Mass of Christian Burial 10 a.m. Fri., Oct. 16, 2015 at St. Paul Catholic Church, 900 S. Honeysuckle Dr., Olathe, Kan.. Burial follows at St. John Catholic Cemetery, 8900 Pflumm Rd., Lenexa, Kan. Visitation 5 to 8 p.m. Thur., Oct. 15, 2015 at St. Paul Catholic Church, Olathe, with Vigil Prayer at 5 p.m. and Rosary at 8 p.m. Memorial contributions may be made to Mary Queen of Angels Catholic Church, CASA of Bourbon County or CASA of Johnson and Wyandotte County. Arrangements: Bruce Funeral Home, Gardner, Kan. (913) 856-7111. Condolences may be left at www.brucefuneralhome.com
Linn County News Published December 6, 2023 Robert W. VanWinkle, age 83, La Cygne, Kan., passed away Friday, Dec. 1, 2023. A service to celebrate Bob’s life will be announced at a later date. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com. ... [More]
Linn County News Published December 6, 2023 Jolene Moriconi, 87, of Lawrence, Kan., formerly of Paola, Kan., and Frontenac, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023, at home surrounded by family. She was born May 24, 1936, in Frontenac, Kan., the daughter of... [More]
Linn County News Published Dec. 6, 2023 Perle David Patrick Jr., age 67, Osawatomie, Kan., passed away Sunday, Dec. 3, 2023. Funeral service will be held 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 8, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, La Cygne Chapel. Burial... [More]
- Larry Wayne Miller ~ 01-21-1958 to 11-06-2023
- Vernon Earl McGee ~ 10-07-1945 to 11-07-2023
- Vicki A. Capp ~ 08-08-1954 to 11-06-2023
- Marcia D. Mathes ~ 03-31-1947 to 11-09-2023
- Joyce Elaine Hewitt (née Terry) ~ 03-26-1941 to 11-01-2023
- Edward Lee “Butch” Samyn ~ 11-28-1947 to 11-07-2023
- Gary John Hald ~ 01-19-1946 to 11-02-2023
- Neal DeWayne Peterson ~ 03-05-1946 to 10-03-2023
During the weekly meeting of the Linn County Commissioners on Monday, Dec. 4, Rich Morrell and Charlene Sims with the Linn County Planning Commission each addressed the commissioners in regard to the moratorium and the request to create a committee to work on Section 14. ... [More]
Linn County Clerk David Lamb presented the commissioners with documents to be signed by the commission chair during their weekly meeting on Monday, Dec. 4, in regard to the bond sale last Wednesday to refinance a portion of the original bond for the jail project. Lamb... [More]
Linn County Public Works Director Shaun West noted he had reached out to the fiber installers south of the power plant in reference to questions the commissioners had concerning undone road work. West stated he learned the connection comes into the project from the west and moves... [More]
- Commissioners approve resolution on one-year moratorium on commercial solar farms
- USD 362 to seek more 4-day week info
- Commissioners approve resolution for bond refinance
- Commissioners vote 2-1 for one year moratorium on solar farms
- Linn County Planning and Zoning meeting leads to moratorium request for Commissioners
- Kansas Senator speaks on ills of green energy
- Election canvass held Nov. 20, abstract approved
- Thanksgiving events
The Pleasanton basketball team hosted their home opener against Kansas City Christian (KCC) on Dec. 1. The Jays split the varsity games with the girls falling in their game 20-29 and the boys winning big in their game, 78-44. The girls’ game started well as the Lady... [More]
Sophomore Brea Dawson scored 12 of her game-high 18 points in the fourth quarter, paving the way for Jayhawk Linn’s girls to claim a 43-38 season-opening win at Cass-Midway, Mo., Friday night. Despite a game-high 23 points from junior Braeden Nation, the ‘Hawk boys... [More]
- Prairie View wrestling competes at Steve Leslie Invitational
- 2023 All Linn County high school football team
- Miami teams split season openers
- Jayhawk and Pleasanton football are well represented in the 2023 TRL All League
- Prairie View football has seven players make Pioneer All League
- Prairie View football ends season against Parsons
- Jayhawk 8-2 season mirrors 2022 campaign
- Prairie View routs Baxter Springs in first round of the playoffs
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Cost: $40 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org