Buddie Hershel Staton
01-09-1931 to 09-06-2019
Linn County News
Published Sept. 11, 2019
Buddie Hershel Staton, age 88, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Friday, Sept. 6, 2019, at his home. He was born Jan. 9, 1931, outside Pleasanton, the youngest of six children born to Novel "Bud" and Maude G. Bright Staton.
He lived the majority of his life in Linn County except for 10 months he spent in Detroit, Mich., as a child. He attended and graduated from Pleasanton High School in 1949.
On March 25, 1950, he married Wanda G. Weems in Pleasanton where they raised their family.
Buddie worked in the banking business 53 1/2 years beginning in 1949, originally with the Bank of Pleasanton and then purchased by Farmers State of Blue Mound in 1989. Buddie was a member of the KBA (Kansas Bankers Association) 50 Year Club.
He served on the Pleasanton City Council and Pleasanton Housing Authority Board, was treasurer of the Pleasanton Alumni Association, and volunteered with the Red Cross, March of Dimes, Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts. He was a past member of the Scottish Rite Consistory and the Masonic Lodge, serving one term as master.
Buddie was preceded in death by his parents, wife and five brothers, Pete, Milford, John, Gene and Leon.
Survivors include his five sons, Douglas H. Staton and wife Debora, Jeffrey A. Staton and wife Terri, Bradford J. Staton and wife Lenita, Clayton L. Staton and wife Fran, and Gregory D. Staton and wife Kristi; one daughter, Janette L. Miller and husband Gary; eight grandsons and eight granddaughters; numerous great grandchildren; and many extended family members.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial will be in the Pleasanton Cemetery. Visitation was scheduled to be held from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Pleasanton Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to the Pleasanton Cemetery or Linn County Care to Share c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 525, Pleasanton, KS 66075. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Anna Mae Carrel, 98, Nevada, Mo., passed away on Sunday, Dec. 4, 2022, at Menorah Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. Anna was born Nov. 4, 1924, in Mound City, Kan., to Fred M. and Mary C. (Hollister) Smith. She was united in... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Kathryn Elaine "Kathy" Newcome passed away Thursday Dec. 1, 2022. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial in the Richland Cemetery. Visitation will... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Linda S. Rios, age 63, of Mound City, Kan., passed away in Olathe, Kan., on Nov. 14, 2022. There are no services scheduled. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfuneral.com.
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
In a sentencing hearing set for Friday, Dec. 2, Robert Woody III appeared in Linn County District Court in front of Judge Andrea Purvis, but instead of sentencing being handed down, the defense requested a continuance. Defense counsel Craig Cole noted his client had just brought... [More]
Discussions at Monday’s Linn County Commissioner’s meeting turned to the landfill issue and the fact that, as it currently sits, the landfill is only a year and half out from closing. During Monday’s discussions, Linn County Public Works Administrator Shaun... [More]
Charges amended to one count of leaving the scene of an accident James Rocky Allen appeared in Linn County District Court on Tuesday, Nov. 29 for what was slated to be a preliminary hearing in case LN-2020-CR-000240 in which he was charged with second degree murder;... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Prairie View wrestling team traveled to Pleasant Hill on Dec. 2 and 3 to compete in the Steve Leslie Invitational. The boys’ team had three wrestlers place in the top four while the girls’ team had two wrestlers place in the top four. Kimmy Eastwood wrestled... [More]
Pleasanton basketball teams began their season Friday with a split varsity decision at Prairie Village-Kansas City Christian (KCC), the girls winning 39-19 while the boys took a 60-31 loss. Both teams now have two games upcoming at this week’s early-season round-robin... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com