Buddie Hershel Staton
01-09-1931 to 09-06-2019
Linn County News
Published Sept. 11, 2019
Buddie Hershel Staton, age 88, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Friday, Sept. 6, 2019, at his home. He was born Jan. 9, 1931, outside Pleasanton, the youngest of six children born to Novel "Bud" and Maude G. Bright Staton.
He lived the majority of his life in Linn County except for 10 months he spent in Detroit, Mich., as a child. He attended and graduated from Pleasanton High School in 1949.
On March 25, 1950, he married Wanda G. Weems in Pleasanton where they raised their family.
Buddie worked in the banking business 53 1/2 years beginning in 1949, originally with the Bank of Pleasanton and then purchased by Farmers State of Blue Mound in 1989. Buddie was a member of the KBA (Kansas Bankers Association) 50 Year Club.
He served on the Pleasanton City Council and Pleasanton Housing Authority Board, was treasurer of the Pleasanton Alumni Association, and volunteered with the Red Cross, March of Dimes, Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts. He was a past member of the Scottish Rite Consistory and the Masonic Lodge, serving one term as master.
Buddie was preceded in death by his parents, wife and five brothers, Pete, Milford, John, Gene and Leon.
Survivors include his five sons, Douglas H. Staton and wife Debora, Jeffrey A. Staton and wife Terri, Bradford J. Staton and wife Lenita, Clayton L. Staton and wife Fran, and Gregory D. Staton and wife Kristi; one daughter, Janette L. Miller and husband Gary; eight grandsons and eight granddaughters; numerous great grandchildren; and many extended family members.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial will be in the Pleasanton Cemetery. Visitation was scheduled to be held from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Pleasanton Chapel.
Contributions are suggested to the Pleasanton Cemetery or Linn County Care to Share c/o Schneider Funeral Home, P.O. Box 525, Pleasanton, KS 66075. Online condolences can be left at www.schneiderfunerals.com.
Linn County News Published Feb. 26, 2020 Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo... [More]
Linn County News Published Jan. 1, 2020 Mary Jo Ernst, age 76, of Pleasanton, Kan. passed away at her home Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2019. Jo was born in Kansas City, Kan. on Oct. 12, 1943, the daughter of Bert and Tippy Hurst. She had one loving... [More]
Ruby Violet Brenneman, age 81, La Cygne, Kan., passed away on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019, at her home. She was born on June 29, 1938, in La Cygne the daughter of John D. and Violet May Anderson Holman. She graduated from La Cygne Rural High School in the Class of 1956. ... [More]
- Richard Scott Craig 10-30-1945 to 02-17-2020
- Jerome Vernon “Jerry” Morgan 05-09-1941 to 01-31-2020
- Robert Dale Pennington 07-18-1937 to 02-16-2020
- David Earl Cummings 09-08-1953 to 02-13-2020
- Sidney A. McKnight Jr. 12-20-1940 to 12-16-2019
- Robert Dale Avery 12-26-1931 to 02-11-2020
- Robert Dean “Bob” King 08-23-1934 to 02-12-2020
- Richard Butts 06-04-1935 to 02-05-2020
At issue is access authority at scrapyard site Parker city leaders tabled a question of roadway authority and access at the council’s monthly meeting last Thursday. At question is the non-platted South Walnut Street south of South Street that... [More]
County discusses other departments needing the software After a long discussion last week that the County Commissioners wanted to see County Attorney James Brun in the county more, he told them this week that he is purchasing Westlaw, an online legal... [More]
Grade 8-12 offerings will enable more certifications, gain extra funding Numerous courses, mainly at Prairie View High, will be renamed or initiated in action taken by the Unified School District 362 board of education at their Feb. 10 monthly meeting.... [More]
- BREAKING NEWS
- Steven Louis Finley 05-24-1966 to 06-15-2019
- Wanda Sheppard 06-10-1926 to 01-08-2019
- Jack Edward Scott 01-22-1925 to 06-10-2019
- Lloyd Eugene “Gene” Dixon 10-31-1938 to 06-11-2019
- John R. Markley, DVM 04-23-1934 to 05-22-2019
- Bobby J. Wurtz 02-01-1936 to 05-14-2019
- Parker leaders double Christmas toy donation
The Pleasanton basketball teams hosted their Senior-Parent Night against Oswego on Feb. 11. It was a good night for the Jays as both the boys and girls won their respective games. The girls won 34-24 while the boys won their game 69-47. The girls’ game... [More]
The Prairie View girls’ wrestling team traveled to Paola on Feb. 14-15 to compete in the East Regional to determine who would go to the girls’ State Tournament in Salina on Feb. 27. The Buffalos took five wrestlers to the tournament, and two of... [More]
- Prairie View football defeats Caney Valley, advances to play Columbus in regional round
- Prairie View cross country hosts Ramsey Invitational
- A day to remember: Lady Buff seniors help sweep Oz in home finale
- Pleasanton baseball falls to Northeast; softball gets first wins of season
- Pleasanton places 7th in TRL tournament
- Alcorn, Snyder compete for the Buffalos at State
- Stone, Broyles, Dawson medal for Hawks at State Track Meet
- Miller leads Blu-Jays at State track