Earline (Lingwood) McGinnis, 92, of Wellsville, Kan., departed this life to be with her Lord on Sept. 29, 2015, at Vintage Park in Baldwin City, Kan. Funeral service was Saturday, Oct. 3, 2015, Wellsville Baptist Church, Wellsville, Kan. Family greeted friends after the service in the Family Center at the church. Burial was Monday, Oct. 5, 2015, at Pleasanton Cemetery, Pleasanton, Kan.
Earline, daughter of Thomas and Ollie C. (Hodgson) Lingwood, was born Feb. 15, 1923, in Boicourt, Kan. She was raised on a farm in Linn County, Kan. On June 15, 1939, she was united in marriage to Lee McGinnis in Pleasanton, Kan. She and her husband owned and operated Lee’s Super Saver, a grocery store in Garnett, for many years. While there, she was an active member of First Baptist Church, served on various boards, played piano and was a member of a ladies’ trio, “The Gospelettes.”
After moving to Wellsville in 1986, she became an active member of Wellsville Baptist Church as a pianist, a member of a gospel group and served on the deacon board. She gave her heart to the Lord at age 14. She loved the Lord and Southern Gospel Music which was a big part of her life. In her later years she was blessed to have so many wonderful friends and church family to minister to her needs. She prayed earnestly that God would bless them as they had blessed her--and she knew He would.
She was preceded in death by her husband Lee in 2002; her parents; brothers, Arthur E. and Donald Ray Lingwood; and sister, Audrey E Morris.
Earline is survived by son, Donald Lee McGinnis, Michigan Valley, Kan.; daughter, Sheri and husband Joe Baugh, Mound City, Kan.; grandchildren, Diana Hermon and husband Don, Rod McGinnis and wife Evelyn, Lisa Huppe and husband Gary, Amy Earl and husband Dan and Tatum McGinnis and husband Marvin; 13 great-grandchildren; 17 great-great-grandchildren and three on the way. Earline loved them all dearly and was very proud of all their accomplishments.
Memorial contributions may be made to Wellsville Baptist Church. Arrangements: Bruce Funeral Home, Gardner, Kan., (913) 856-7111. Condolences may be left at www.brucefuneralhome.com
Linn County News Published Sept. 22, 2021 Wilhelmina “Billie” Rose Suddock, age 90, of Wichita, Kan., died Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the Home Health & Hospice of Kansas. Rosary... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Sept. 22, 2021 Virgil Elmer Spencer, age 82, Mound City, Kansas passed away Friday, Sept.17, 2021. He was born on August 8, 1939 in rural Mound City, Kan. the son of Elmer Allen and Thelma Barker Spencer. ... [More]
Troy E. Mitchell, age 87, of Pleasanton, Kan. passed away in Overland Park, Kan.on Friday, Sept. 17, 2021. Troy was born the son of Jesse James and Naomi Folsom Mitchell on June 23, 1934 in Kansas City, Kan. He married Ruby Venable on October 4, 1951... [More]
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
For immediate release: September 22, 2021 On September 21, 2021, The Linn County Sheriff’s Office was given information that a student at Pleasanton USD #344 was bringing a knife to school. Information led Deputies to believe that the student may want to harm others.... [More]
By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News email@example.com After Linn County Sheriff Kevin Friend spoke on School Resource Officer (SRO) activity, County Commissioner Jim Johnson commented at their Monday meeting that the commissioners needed to clear... [More]
By JACKIE TAYLOR Linn County News firstname.lastname@example.org Continuing their discussion concerning annexation at their Monday meeting, the City Council spoke of Pleasanton resident Kimberly Campbell’s request for voluntary annexation... [More]
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
LINN COUNTY NEWS NEWSPAPERSRME@yahoo.com After losing their first three games, including by 30-6 at Uniontown last Friday, Pleasanton’s Blu-Jays will be looking to score first when they host Troy at 7 p.m. this Friday in a non-district matchup. “We... [More]
LINN COUNTY NEWS email@example.com The Prairie View football team continues to perform at a high level as they hosted Parsons on Sept. 17. The Buffalos took control of the game early on both sides of the ball, which led to an eventual 38-14 victory.... [More]
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
- Pleasanton girls’ basketball hopes for good season with young but experienced team
- Prairie View football has multiple players on the All Pioneer League team
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org