Linn County News
Published July 29, 2020
Kade Tecumseh Kehl, 19, of Odessa, Mo., formerly of Baldwin City, Kan., passed away on Sunday, July 19, 2020, from injuries sustained in an automobile accident.
Due to the Covid-19 virus, the family will host a public Celebration of Life at a later date. The family has requested no food or flowers be delivered to the home. In lieu of flowers, memorials are suggested to the family in care of Kris Kehl and can be left in care of the Ralph O. Jones Funeral Home, 306 S. 2nd St. Odessa, Mo., 64076, 816-633-5525. A scholarship fund will be set up at a later date in Kade’s memory. Memories of Kade and condolences for his family may be left at www.LedfordFamilyFH.com or on our Facebook page.
Kade was born on June 25, 2001, in Overland Park, Kan., to Kristopher West and Dina Ann (Grubb) Kehl. He attended Baldwin High School until November 2017. Kade graduated from Odessa High School in 2020. He was a competitor in track and field, basketball and football. Kade was a member of the Odessa Bulldogs 2019 State Championship Football Team. Kade loved his family and friends.
Survivors include his parents, Kristopher and Dina Kehl of Odessa, Mo.; two sisters, Katelynn Kehl of Manhattan, Kan., and Kelsey Kehl of Odessa; paternal grandparents Kelly and Maribeth Kehl of Mound City, Kan.; maternal grandmother Marie Grubb of Odessa; and many aunts, uncles and cousins.
Kade was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Bob Grubb.
Linn County News Published April , 2020 Howard "Carl" Francis, age 87, Blue Mound, Kan. passed away on Thursday, March 26, 2020. He was born on May 7, 1932 in Blue Mound, Kan. the son of Lonnie and Vesta Hopewell Francis. He graduated from... [More]
Published in the Linn County News Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 Margaret Alice Wilson, age 87, Paola, Kan. passed away on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020. She was born on February 15, 1933 in Cass County, Mo. the daughter of Henry Earl(Ramey) Russell and Olive Darlene... [More]
Linn County News Published Feb. 26, 2020 Marion Earl Farley, age 86, Grandview, Mo., passed away Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo. He was born on Aug. 25, 1933, in Ottawa, Kan., the son of Homer and Cleo... [More]
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
- Verna Louise Bright 09-06-1935 to 07-30-2020
- Adelaide Helen Greene 10-22-1942 to 07-28-2020
- Marlyn Otis Sutterby 10-11-1936 to 07-27-2020
- Gary Dean Clearwater 03-07-1952 to 07-26-2020
- Gene Ramshur 10-14-1940 to 07-17-2020
The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) will close a section of K-7 in Linn County on Tuesday, Aug. 18, to replace a crossroad pipe. K-7 will be closed between county roads 1700 and 1800 the entire day, reopening in the evening. Traffic should use... [More]
Selling the Mound City Lake west of Mound City is not a new thought for councils. At their regular City Council meeting Monday evening the idea was broached again with discussion of how the money from the sale could be used to improve the city. After tabling an agenda item... [More]
The Pleasanton USD 344 board of education held a special meeting on Monday, Aug. 3, to discuss and take action on the negotiations with staff and the learning environment guidelines for the opening of schools. The board opened the meeting and approved the negotiations as presented... [More]
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
- Commissioners opt to leave mask decision to school boards
- USD 362 sets new bond election date
- Cattle industry feeling the impact of COVID-19
- LC Sheriff’s Office joins Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Boicourt Bridge boat ramp closed – but state looks to replace it
- Property taxes still due in May
- SPECIAL: ORDER of the Linn County Public Health Officer
Cable Wareham of Whiting captured the National High School Rodeo championship during the National High School Rodeo Finals in Guthrie, Okla., from July 17 to July 23. Wareham, who is related to the Leisure family here in Linn County, competed in bronc riding at the rodeo and... [More]
Let’s continue our series on this week in baseball history. We will look at one historic event per day for the upcoming week in baseball. A full list for historic events in baseball for each day can be found at Nationalpastime.com. Walter Johnson sets pitching milestone... [More]
- 2020 Linn County Fair and Rodeo queen candidates
- This week in baseball history: June 24-30
- Several local boys’ baseball players compete on USSSA Rage teams out of Garnett
- The Chiefs’ off-season: the draft
- The Lost Season: Pleasanton track
- The Lost Season: Prairie View baseball
- 2019-2020 All County girls’ basketball team
- Wellsville loss finishes Lady Buffs’ season