Linn County News
Published Nov. 2, 2022
Linda Darlene Howlingcrane, age 65, a resident of Fulton, Kan., passed away Saturday, Oct. 22, 2022, at her home following her battle with cancer. She was born May 16, 1957, in Fort Scott, Kan., the daughter of Willis Sanders and Patsy Eden Sanders. Linda attended Fort Scott schools. Shortly into her senior year, the family moved to Versailles, Mo., and she graduated from there with the Class of 1975.
Linda will be remembered as a loving and devoted mother and grandmother. For the last several years, she has served as the primary care giver for her son and also took care of her grandchildren. She loved taking trips to Branson with her family. She was fortunate enough to make one last trip to Silver Dollar City and enjoy the pumpkins and fall colors; she returned home on Friday morning and passed away Saturday evening. Linda loved to do crafts of all kinds. She also had a green thumb and could grow houseplants to gigantic proportions.
Survivors include two daughters, Jamye Coffman (Tom) of Fort Scott and Patricia Brake of Mound City, Kan.; a son, Drew Howlingcrane of the home in Fulton, and an adopted son, Doug Ekberg (Angela) of Independence, Mo.; twelve grandchildren and a great-grandson. Also surviving are her mother, Patsy Sanders, of Fort Scott; a brother Greg Sanders also of Fort Scott and a sister, Pamela Owenby (Russell) of Deerfield, Mo.
Linda was preceded in death by her father, Willis, and her brother, Shannon.
Bert Severy and Robert Clark conducted funeral services at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 27, at the Cheney Witt Chapel. (Linda did her best to be on time.) Following funeral services, there was cremation. Private burial will take place at a later date in the Lath Branch Cemetery east of Fort Scott.
Services are under the direction of the Cheney Witt Chapel, 201 S. Main, Ft. Scott, Kan. Words of remembrance may be submitted to the online guestbook at cheneywitt.com.
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Anna Mae Carrel, 98, Nevada, Mo., passed away on Sunday, Dec. 4, 2022, at Menorah Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan. Anna was born Nov. 4, 1924, in Mound City, Kan., to Fred M. and Mary C. (Hollister) Smith. She was united in... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Kathryn Elaine "Kathy" Newcome passed away Thursday Dec. 1, 2022. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, 2022, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Burial in the Richland Cemetery. Visitation will... [More]
Linn County News Published December 7, 2022 Linda S. Rios, age 63, of Mound City, Kan., passed away in Olathe, Kan., on Nov. 14, 2022. There are no services scheduled. Online condolences may be left at www.schneiderfuneral.com.
- Joseph Michael Dellinger 01-17-1950 to 08-20-2021
- Brett Michael Johnson 07-10-1995 to 12-12-2020
- Thomas Franklin “T.F.” Edmonds 01-14-1928 to 11-06-2020
- Vernon LeRoy “Roy” Massey 02-09-1922 to 10-07-2020
- Margaret Eileen Wier 02-15-1943 to 09-21-2020
- Elynor Ann Miller 08-28-1924 to 08-02-2020
- James J. Shannon Robinson 03-29-1980 to 08-01-2020
- Charles William “Bill” Atwood Jr. 05-31-1927 to 07-29-2020
In a sentencing hearing set for Friday, Dec. 2, Robert Woody III appeared in Linn County District Court in front of Judge Andrea Purvis, but instead of sentencing being handed down, the defense requested a continuance. Defense counsel Craig Cole noted his client had just brought... [More]
Discussions at Monday’s Linn County Commissioner’s meeting turned to the landfill issue and the fact that, as it currently sits, the landfill is only a year and half out from closing. During Monday’s discussions, Linn County Public Works Administrator Shaun... [More]
Charges amended to one count of leaving the scene of an accident James Rocky Allen appeared in Linn County District Court on Tuesday, Nov. 29 for what was slated to be a preliminary hearing in case LN-2020-CR-000240 in which he was charged with second degree murder;... [More]
- Mayors, councils speak on infrastructure defunding proposal
- Mound City Council looks to add campsites to lake
- SPECIAL: Linn County Sheriff's Office seeking identification of subject
- La Cygne awards bid for settling pond project
- Commissioners approve roof bid for fire stations
- Christmas in Linn County
- New quarantine guidelines announced, software approved for Health Department
- Wreck leaves local attorney injured
The Prairie View wrestling team traveled to Pleasant Hill on Dec. 2 and 3 to compete in the Steve Leslie Invitational. The boys’ team had three wrestlers place in the top four while the girls’ team had two wrestlers place in the top four. Kimmy Eastwood wrestled... [More]
Pleasanton basketball teams began their season Friday with a split varsity decision at Prairie Village-Kansas City Christian (KCC), the girls winning 39-19 while the boys took a 60-31 loss. Both teams now have two games upcoming at this week’s early-season round-robin... [More]
- Hume splits home season openers
- Marais des Cygnes 4-H members compete at national judging contests
- 2021 All Linn County baseball team
- Jayhawk softball falls to Belle Plaine at State
- Briley Moore finds NFL home as undrafted free agent
- Pleasanton track competes at Jayhawk Invitational
- Pleasanton baseball starts season with a pair of walk-off thrillers against Oswego
- Prairie View, Pioneer League ponder Baldwin addition
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org