Otis Clyde Lile
05-24-1937 to 10-13-2019
Linn County News
Published Oct. 30, 2019
Otis Clyde Lile, age 82, of Parker, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2019, at Olathe Hospice House in Olathe. Otis was born May 24, 1937, in Lawrence, Kan. He was the youngest of three born to Clyde Albert and Edyth Alice (Chase) Lile. Otis grew up in Parker graduating with the Parker High School Class of 1955.
After high school, Otis enlisted into the Naval Reserves. He served for two years until enlisting into the United States Air Force. During his enlistment he was with the 328th Civil Engineering Unit. He was honorably discharged in 1961.
In March of 1964, Otis and Leota Jean Farris were united in marriage in Miami, Okla. They made their home in Parker with their two boys, Roger and Kevin.
Otis was a working man. He worked for the Osawatomie State Hospital as a licensed mental health tech for over 30 years. During that time he also farmed full-time and worked at the Skelly station part-time. Otis restored John Deere tractors and sold stock trailers.
In his spare time, Otis enjoyed fishing, camping, boating and traveling with his family. He attended church at the First Baptist Church of Osawatomie. He was also a past member of the Elks Lodge in Osawatomie.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one brother and one sister.
Survivors include his wife of 55 years, Jean; sons Roger Hampton of Osawatomie and Kevin Lile of Greeley; five grandchildren, Travis Hampton, Clint Hampton, Seth Hampton, Ethan Hampton and Krysten Brown-Lile; four great grandchildren, Wyatt, Otis, McKenzie and Jackson; along with other family and friends.
Graveside services were held on Oct. 18, 2019, at Osawatomie Cemetery.
Memorials are suggested to the First Baptist Church of Osawatomie or Alzheimer's Association sent c/o Eddy-Birchard Funeral Home, P.O. Box 430, Osawatomie, KS 66064.
Survivors include his wife of 55 years, Jean, sons Roger Hampton of Osawatomie and Kevin Lile of Greeley, five grandchildren Travis Hampton, Clint Hampton, Seth Hampton, Ethan Hampton and Krysten Brown-Lile and four great grandchildren Wyatt, Otis, McKenzie and Jackson, along with other family and friends.
Graveside services were held on October 18, 2019 at Osawatomie Cemetery
Memorials are suggested to the 1st Baptist Church of Osawatomie or Alzheimer's Association send c/o Eddy-Birchard Funeral Home P.O. Box 430 Osawatomie, KS 66064
Debra Dale Wolf ~ 04-03-1954 to 03-22-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Debra Dale Wolf, age 68, Linn Valley, Kan., passed away Wednesday, March 22, 2023. Graveside funeral service will be held 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 29, 2023, at the Trading Post Cemetery. Memorial contributions... [More]
Jessica Erin Cox ~ 11-15-1979 to 03-20-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Jessica Erin Cox, beloved daughter, and granddaughter, passed away at her home in Lawrence, Kan., March 20, 2023. Jessica was born Nov. 15, 1979, at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She was a graduate of Shawnee... [More]
Larry Ray Oliver ~ 07-12-1953 to 03-22-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Larry Ray Oliver, age 69, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, March 22, 2023. Funeral service will be at 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 25, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Visitation... [More]
- Buford Wayne “Bud” Lindsey ~ 11-21-1934 to 03-15-2023
- Vance Laverne Bruner ~ 07-01-1959 to 03-17-2023
- Curtis Eugene Virgin ~ 09-09-1944 to 03-14-2023
- Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum ~ 05-04-1948 to 03-05-2023
- Lewis Michael Wilson ~ 08-13-1952 to 03-05-2023
- Janet Dean Robinson Staton ~ 02-16-1939 to 03-08-2023
- Margaret Ellen McRae ~ 01-30-1932 to 03-06-2023
- C.H. Parker ~ 08-24-1942 to 03-06-2023
Special: Governor issues declaration of disaster emergency due to threat of wildland fires
Governor Laura Kelly issued a verbal declaration of disaster emergency this morning, March 31, due to the potential for wildland fires and severe storms in the state. The declaration will allow the state to preposition assets for a quicker response to any fires... [More]
Commissioners discuss Pleasanton meal site options
During the latter part of the meeting on Monday, March 27, Linn County Commissioners discussed the walk-through on Wednesday, March 22 at the former Memaw’s Kitchen located at 6th and Main Streets in Pleasanton. Economic Development Director Jessica Hightower read notes... [More]
Linn Valley moves forward with water, sewer project
“Positive ramifications” for the city Following a 15-minute legal session called by Linn Valley Mayor Cindy Smith at their Monday meeting, the mayor announced a preliminary agreement with Rural Water District #1 for water rights in Linn Valley. Smith... [More]
- USD 362 leader asks to broaden policy
- SPECIAL: National Walking Day on Wednesday, April 5th
- SPECIAL: Drug operation ends with six arrests in Miami and Linn counties
- Linn County Planning & Zoning Commission says no to windmills
- Heartland REC introduces possible Linn County solar field
- County appraiser reports on valuation increases
- One-cent sales tax coming on Pleasanton ballot
- SPECIAL: Pleasanton One-Cent Sales Tax Questions
Prairie View competes at State Powerlifting meet
The Prairie View Buffalos competed in the State Powerlifting meet on March 25. The meet had 285 total lifters and the Buffalos took 16 boys and nine girls to the event. Prairie View had two lifters place second in their respective weight divisions at the meet. Rhett Jackman,... [More]
Jayhawk softball and baseball open season against Southeast Cherokee
The Jayhawk baseball and softball teams opened their 2023 season at home against Southeast Cherokee on March 27. Both softball and baseball teams played a double header and the boys split while the girls swept the Lancers. Baseball won their first game 3-0 but lost the second... [More]
- 2022-23 All County Girls’ Basketball team
- Jayhawk Wrestling Club has five place at State
- Linn County Twisters takes 13 to State, 5 place
- Lady Buffs win 1, fall in semifinals
- Pleasanton basketball falls in the first round of Sub-State
- White places sixth for Jayhawk wrestling at State
- Kline and Cox-Halliburton represent Prairie View at State
- Prairie View basketball splits against Anderson County
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail email@example.com