Roger D. Kaufman Sr., 68, of Drexel, Mo., passed away Aug. 14, 2015, at St. Luke’s Hospital in Kansas City, Mo.
He was born Oct. 7, 1946, to James and Gloria Kaufman in Kansas City, Kan. He grew up on a farm outside of Drexel, Mo., and graduated from High School in Louisburg, Kan. He then chose to enlist in the Navy when he was 17. He served four tours in Vietnam; three years as a naval advisor, and one year with navy seals in the Delta. Upon release from active duty his rank was EN3.
On June 27, 1970, he married his bride Ida Wisdom, and together they had two children, Angie and Ace. Roger retired from the Carpenter/Millwright local 1529 at age 62. In his lifetime, Roger had lots of hobbies: hot rods, motorcycles, and mud trucks. He was a cowboy and mechanic and could build or fix anything. He spent most of his time in the shop building the next latest and greatest things. From shopping around on Craigslist and going to and from swap meets he was able to relax and do what he loved while wondering how he would find time to do it. Though he was a man of few words, he was the most genuine and honest man anyone would love the opportunity to meet.
Roger is survived by his mother Gloria Kaufman of Drexel, Mo.; his wife Ida (Wisdom) Kaufman of Merwin, Mo.; his two children, Roger Jr. “Ace” and Kim Kaufman of Amsterdam, Mo., Angie Kaufman and Kirk Wright of Arlington, Texas; his four grandchildren, Shelley Kaufman, Eric Kaufman, Samantha Hopkins and Devan Hopkins; his brothers, Brian Kaufman and Brenda of Drexel, Mo., Ricky and Connie Kaufman of Drexel, Mo., Bim Kaufman of Drexel, Mo.; his sister Mona Kaufman of Wichita Falls, Texas; and many other friends and family.
He was preceded in death by his father James A. Kaufman Sr.; his sisters, Denise Burton and Sherry Page; and brother Terry Kaufman.
Funeral services were Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2015 at Mullinax Funeral Home, Drexel Chapel in Drexel (660-679-0009) with Rev. Oliver Hawk officiating. Burial was in West Point Cemetery, Amsterdam, Mo. Contributions are suggested to the family for a memorial, or to the K.C. Honor Flight.
Debra Dale Wolf ~ 04-03-1954 to 03-22-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Debra Dale Wolf, age 68, Linn Valley, Kan., passed away Wednesday, March 22, 2023. Graveside funeral service will be held 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 29, 2023, at the Trading Post Cemetery. Memorial contributions... [More]
Jessica Erin Cox ~ 11-15-1979 to 03-20-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Jessica Erin Cox, beloved daughter, and granddaughter, passed away at her home in Lawrence, Kan., March 20, 2023. Jessica was born Nov. 15, 1979, at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She was a graduate of Shawnee... [More]
Larry Ray Oliver ~ 07-12-1953 to 03-22-2023
Linn County News Published March 29, 2023 Larry Ray Oliver, age 69, Pleasanton, Kan., passed away on Wednesday, March 22, 2023. Funeral service will be at 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 25, 2023, at the Schneider Funeral Home and Crematory, Pleasanton Chapel. Visitation... [More]
- Buford Wayne “Bud” Lindsey ~ 11-21-1934 to 03-15-2023
- Vance Laverne Bruner ~ 07-01-1959 to 03-17-2023
- Curtis Eugene Virgin ~ 09-09-1944 to 03-14-2023
- Janice Ann Leasure Woodrum ~ 05-04-1948 to 03-05-2023
- Lewis Michael Wilson ~ 08-13-1952 to 03-05-2023
- Janet Dean Robinson Staton ~ 02-16-1939 to 03-08-2023
- Margaret Ellen McRae ~ 01-30-1932 to 03-06-2023
- C.H. Parker ~ 08-24-1942 to 03-06-2023
SPECIAL: National Walking Day on Wednesday, April 5th
Marais des Cygnes National Wildlife Refuge is celebrating National Walking Day on Wednesday, April 5th by inviting the public to come out and walk with a ranger for a preview of our new trail. The Visitor Center and new exhibits will be open form 4-6 PM and... [More]
SPECIAL: Drug operation ends with six arrests in Miami and Linn counties
MIAMI & LINN COUNTY – On Wednesday morning, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI), the Miami County Sheriff’s Office, the Linn County Sheriff’s Office, the Osawatomie Police Department, and the Pleasanton Police Department arrested six individuals... [More]
Linn County Planning & Zoning Commission says no to windmills
After meetings discussing the Linn County Comprehensive Plan and where the county should be as to allowing wind turbines, the Linn County P&Z said no 5-3 to allowing any turbines in the county. P&Z Commission Chair Richard Morrell brought the subject up after several... [More]
- Heartland REC introduces possible Linn County solar field
- County appraiser reports on valuation increases
- One-cent sales tax coming on Pleasanton ballot
- SPECIAL: Pleasanton One-Cent Sales Tax Questions
- Commissioner’s discussion on wage options gets heated
- County discusses options for Pleasanton meal site
- Parker leaders consider truck route
- Council approves land grant for riding academy
2022-23 All County Boys’ Basketball team
The season for the Linn County high school boys’ basketball teams is over and it’s time for this year’s All County Boys’ Basketball team. This year, there is a first and second team with five players on each team from the three local high schools, Prairie... [More]
2022-23 All County Girls’ Basketball team
The season for the Linn County high school girls’ basketball teams is over and it’s time for this year’s All County Girls’ Basketball team. This year, there is a first and second team with five players on each team from the three local high schools,... [More]
- Linn County Twisters takes 13 to State, 5 place
- Lady Buffs win 1, fall in semifinals
- Pleasanton basketball falls in the first round of Sub-State
- White places sixth for Jayhawk wrestling at State
- Kline and Cox-Halliburton represent Prairie View at State
- Prairie View basketball splits against Anderson County
- Lady Hawks double up Altoona
- Pleasanton basketball defeats Bronaugh, falls to Cherokee
• May be mailed, e-mailed, faxed or hand delivered.
• Must be received by 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning in order to appear in that week's edition.
• Full obituaries submitted by individuals are required to be paid in advance.
• Obituaries submitted by funeral homes will be billed to the funeral home.
• Cost: $30 for 300 words or less. Each additional word over 300, 10¢. Photograph $5.
Call Barbara at 913-352-6235 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org